- SABANCI HOLDING CHAIRMAN GÜLER SABANCI HAS BEEN ELECTED TO THE SUPERVISORY BOARD OF SIEMENS AG
- GÜLER SABANCI: “IT IS BOTH AN HONOR AND ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITY TO BE INVITED AND THEN ELECTED TO THE SUPERVISORY BOARD OF SUCH AN ESTABLISHED CORPORATION AS SIEMENS AG "
- “I BELIEVE THAT TAKING PART IN SUCH A STRONG MANAGEMENT ORGANIZATION WILL BE A FINE ACHIEVEMENT FOR ME AND SABANCI GROUP”
At the Annual Shareholders' Meeting of Siemens AG on Wednesday, ten shareholder representatives were elected to the company's Supervisory Board. Meeting was held at the Munich Olympic Hall with the attendance of more than 8.000 stakeholders. At the Supervisory Board meeting held immediately following the Annual Shareholders' Meeting, Gerhard Cromme was reelected Chairman of the Supervisory Board and Güler Sabancı has been elected as a member of Siemens AG Supervisory Board.
Sabancı Holding Chairman Güler Sabancı made the following statement about the subject: “First of all, it is both an honor and additional responsibility to be invited and then elected to the supervisory board of such an established corporation as Siemens AG. On the global scale, it is usual for a senior manager to take on another management position at a different organization. Particularly in respect of corporate governance, I believe that taking part in such a strong management organization will be a fine achievement for me and Sabanci Group".
The following individuals were elected to serve as shareholder representatives on the Supervisory Board, effective at the conclusion of the Annual Shareholders' Meeting:
- Dr. Josef Ackermann, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Zurich Insurance Group AG
- Gerd von Brandenstein, Member of the Supervisory Boards of Siemens AG and degewo AG
- Dr. Gerhard Cromme, Chairman of the Supervisory Boards of Siemens AG and ThyssenKrupp AG
- Michael Diekmann, Chairman of the Board of Management of Allianz SE
- Dr. Hans Michael Gaul, Chairman of the Audit Committee of Siemens AG
- Prof. Dr. Peter Gruss, President of the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der Wissenschaften e.V.
- Dr. Nicola Leibinger-Kammüller, President and Chairwoman of the Managing Board of TRUMPF GmbH + Co. KG
- Gérard Mestrallet, President and CEO of GDF SUEZ S.A.
- Güler Sabancı, Chairman and Managing Director of Hacı Ömer Sabancı Holding A.Ş.
- Werner Wenning, Chairman of the Supervisory Boards of Bayer AG and E.ON AG.
ABOUT SIEMENS AG
Siemens AG (Berlin and Munich) is a global powerhouse in electronics and electrical engineering, operating in the fields of industry, energy and healthcare as well as providing infrastructure solutions, primarily for cities and metropolitan areas. In fiscal 2012, which ended on September 30, 2012, revenue from continuing operations totaled €78.3 billion and income from continuing operations €4.9 billion (incl. IAS19R). At the end of September 2012, Siemens had around 370,000 employees worldwide on the basis of continuing operations.